La Route du Rock Festival 2013
France’s premier summer music festival La Route Du Rock will take place this coming August 14-17th 2013.
This 23th birthday of the festival has a characteristically daring lineup of internationally renowned artists. Held in and around the beautiful walled seaside city of St. Malo on Brittany’s Emerald Coast, La Route Du Rock has seen headline sets from Sonic Youth, Portishead, PJ Harvey, The Cure, Sigur Ros, My Bloody Valentine, Mogwai, The National, TV On The Radio and The XX in recent years, and always has a great international supporting bill of up-and-coming bands.
With a beach stage in the daytime and a spectacular castle stage by night, La Route Du Rock mixes amazing lineups with a truly stunning setting. Over the years, La Route du Rock has carved out a place in the cultural landscape of European festivals, becoming an unmissable summer gathering for curious, open minded festival goers who are eager for exciting sounds.
Around thirty bands will perform in three amazing venues on the glorious Emerald Coast:
- Beach stage: the days begin with concerts and downtempo mixes on one of the most beautiful beaches in Saint-Malo.
- Castle stage: the nights step up a gear at the spectacular Fort de Saint-Pere, an 18th Century Vauban castle.
- La Nouvelle Vague: This year, for the first time, an opening evening dedicated to the label Domino Records (Austra, Clinic, Julia Holter) will be held at La Nouvelle Vague. Unlike the beach and castle stages, the performances given in this live-music venue won’t be included in the 3 Days Pass nor in the Ferry Package.
Here are the acts confirmed for 2013:
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Tame Impala, Hot Chip, Local Natives, !!!, Disclosure (live), TNGHT, Efterklang, Woods, Moon Duo, Allah-Las, Jacco Gardner, Julia Holter, Suuns, Junip, Electric Electric, Austra, Bass Drum Of Death, Fuck Buttons, Iceage, and more.
How To Get There:
- Ferries : St. Malo is easily accessible by ferry from Portsmouth, Poole… on the south coast – withdiscounts available for UK festival goers
- Airports : Ryan Air Dinard Airport (Dinard > St. Malo: 10km) & Rennes Airport : 50 min from St Malo by car
- Train : Access to St Malo train station available from anywhere in Europe : http://www.voyages-sncf.co.uk/
On site facilities:
- La Route du Rock offers free camping to all ticket holders. The campsite will be open from 2pm on Wedneseday August 14th to 12am on Sunday August 18th. The campsite has free toilets and showers and is only a 5 minute walk to the main venue.
- Free parking
- Free shuttles from the campsite to the ferry terminal, the St Malo train station, La Nouvelle Vague venue, the city center, the beach and the local mall and supermarket | FULL SCHEDULE AVAILABLE HERE
- Food stands : (details TBA)
- Bars: there are several bars all across the festival site. You will need to purchase tokens to exchange it for drinks, 1 token is worth 2,80€.
Available drinks : Beer and cider (small : 1 token, pint: 2 tokens), champagne (2 tokens), wines (1 token), soft drinks (1 token).
- Free left-luggage office
Accomodation & tourism:
- You can visit the St Malo tourism office’s website for more infos on hotels and hostels’ bookings and to know more about the area and the tourism activites available : http://www.saint-malo-tourisme.co.uk/